Director of Revenue Cycle Management
110,000.00 to 125,000.00
POSITION TITLE: DIRECTOR, REVENUE CYCLE MANAGEMENT
The Director of Revenue Cycle Management oversees the Billing Department and maximizing the productivity and minimizing errors using structured auditing and reporting methods and follow-up training. The Director of Revenue Cycle Management also oversees the day-to-day billing processing, planning, analysis, and policy development.
This position offers a great opportunity for an experienced leader to implement change, create policies, realign staff and department performance metrics and decrease revenue cycle days. This position is a hands-on, visible position that works vertically throughout the organization, C-suite to the front line. Oversees a supervisor, 20-25 billers (charge entry, coding, payment posting, edits, follow up, denial management, etc.).
- Ensure adherence to, and compliance, of payer, government and internal system regulatory policies as they relate to charge capture processes
- Create, develop, and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Streamline processes
- Create and implement metrics for productivity and quality
- Provide monthly reporting with action plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Management, or related field required.
- 10 years billing experience
- 5 years of billing management experience, director level
- Experience in an integrated health care system required
- NextGen preferred, or 5+ years of EHR systems experience
- Experience with A/R, daily and monthly closings and understand of the revenue cycle for all payers
- Proven knowledge of all Insurance companies, HMO's, PPO's, Medicare, Worker's Comp, third party payers
POSITION SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus and vision
- Intelligent, articulate, can relate to people at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, a passion for collaboration and partnerships
- Decisive, possesses a "big picture" perspective, well versed in systems
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Ability to make persuasive presentations on complex topics to members, physician owners and Board
- Current on audit best practices, state, federal and local law regarding company operations.
- demonstrate the practice mission, vision and values in leadership behaviors, practices and decisions
- Effectively apply healthcare principles and values in the decision making process
- Create and maintain a partnership among associates, the community, and those we serve
***ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO***