CHIEF CLINICAL OFFICER, BSN, MBA
125,000.00 to 140,000.00
JOB DESCRIPTION: SENIOR RN ADMINISTRATOR / BSN
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Senior RN Administrator is responsible for achieving the clinical, financial and strategic goals as described in the agency’s annual Quality Assessment Performance Improvement Plan.
The Senior RN Administrator will oversee the Agency Service Departments (quality, clinical competency, outcomes, clinical analytics, patient and customer satisfaction with, and promotion of quality and excellence).
The Senior RN Administrator will manage clinical operations of Home Health-Care of the Sick Program, Rehabilitation, Community Health, Dietician Services, Hospice and Home Care.
The Senior RN Administrator will oversee the Director of Nursing and Social Services, Director of Rehabilitative Services, Director of Hospice, Director of Home Care, Dietician, Community Health Nurse Manager, Q/A Performance Improvement Manager, and Director of Operations.
The Administrator is responsible for seeing that all programs are delivered in accordance with State and Federal Regulations, accreditation and agency standards, agency objectives and policies, and within budgetary guidelines.
The Administrator will represent the organization in senior level relationships and will collaborate and partner with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial and Operating Officer, and Chief Business Development and Strategy Officer in the development of higher-level strategic initiatives.
In addition to the above…
- Develop and execute annual program review and planning to meet needs in service or technology, establish goals, budgeting and evaluation activities.
- Develop and execute agency’s clinical policies and programs.
- Support the ongoing strategic planning initiatives and leading implementation of clinical aspects.
- Maintain current knowledge of marketplace activities, industry trends and competitive intelligence, using this information to adjust plans accordingly.
- Identify needs for training and education and provide constructive feedback.
- Establish performance standards for each role, with corresponding metric/ measurements.
- Establish and maintain an efficient workflow within the departments.
- Assume responsibility for the Clinlogica and SHP initiatives bringing information to Director’s and Managers for integration into daily operations.
- Produce agency statistics to be used in the evaluation of organizational, team and individual performance and achievement of key indicators.
- Identify opportunities for new sources of referrals, revenue or partnerships and develops appropriate plans to address them.
- Recruit, select and employ personnel ensuring effective operations within productivity and budgetary guidelines.
- Promote a culture of service excellence, growth, and collaboration.
- Monitor Outcomes, HHCHPS, HealthWyse, 5 star rating system and SHP data to analyze monthly statistical data and reports.
- Use clinical analytics to monitor trends in referrals, admissions, cases not taken up for care and refusals to enhance clinical performance and results.
- Act as an agent of change within the organization.
- Participate in the new hire orientation program for all staff and volunteers.
- Accept and utilize supervisory constructive feedback on performance.
- Establish respectful, positive relationships with other employees, volunteers.
- Accept responsibility, take initiative and exercise independent judgment
- Serve as a positive role model for the agency.
- Leader of the Agency’s Professional Advisory Committee
- Member - Senior Leadership Quadrant; Agency’s Service Departments; Staff Executive Leadership team; Strategic Action Committee; Business Development Strategy Team; Strategic Planning: Human Resources Task Force
- Master’s degree in relevant healthcare discipline
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree required
- Clinical background with a demonstrated knowledge and success in home health care required
- Successful experience in managing a team of healthcare professionals
- Awareness of trends in the health care industry with a focus on quality, outcomes, publically reported star areas, customer experience and satisfaction, evidence based practice and operational efficiency
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal regulations, Medicare COP’s, DPH State licensing regulations, utilization review, QAPI, and CHAP accreditation required
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office software and Electronic Medical Records
- Compile and analyze data for management and marketing purposes
- Support Business Development in leveraging clinical team/programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to enhance relationships with the communities we serve, including the internal organization
- Excellent public presentation skills
- Highly organized; can manage multiple projects, people and deadlines
- Industry and market savvy in order to recognize and address clinical development opportunities for various clinical service lines required