DIRCTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES, BSN
110,000.00 to 125,000.00
JOB DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES / BSN
TOP Star rated Community Home Care Agency is looking for a Director of Clinical Nursing Services who will be responsible for directing the quality of clinically based services, in accordance with the agency philosophy, mission, goals, policies and procedures through directing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the clinical services provided by the agency. The Director of Clinical Services is also responsible for assuring compliance with State DPH and federal regulatory requirements for the clinical department. The Director of Clinical Services is responsible for the duties of the CCO and reports to the Executive Director.
REASONS YOU MIGHT CONSIDER THIS HOMECARE AGENCY:
This position is a unique opportunity for the right candidate! There have been only two other Directors in this position in the past 20 years. Are you looking for stability and a place to hang your hat? Are you overwhelmed with corporate micromanagement? For consideration please submit your most current resume for review!
Home Health Elite status for many years!
Well-established; financially-stabile not-for-profit!
Growing Hospice program!
Proven reputation; favorable outcomes!
Mission-based community agency; high patient satisfaction!
Recently renovated; staff all on EHR!
Excellent salary and benefits; flexible atmosphere!
- Directs the daily operations of all clinical services, including the provision of professional services.
- Assures the quality and availability of the professional services.
- Interprets, executes, communicates and instructs the Board of Directors and the Professional Advisory Committee on clinical policies and procedures in relation to the agency, state and federal regulatory agencies, reimbursement, and accreditation requirements.
- Communicates policy and changes to the professional staff.
- Develops agency goals, standards of care, writes policies and procedures affecting clinical services.
- Directs the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of clinical programs.
- Tracks the trends in the intake referrals for future planning and program development, and anticipates case management and staffing needs.
- Responsible for supervision bi-weekly meetings for interdisciplinary team.
- Recruits, screens, interviews and hires qualified licensed professional staff
- Directly evaluates the clinical competency of RNs, LPNs and interdisciplinary team members.
- Completes 12 hours of in-service education annually, content of which is appropriate to the Director of Clinical services job description.
- Supervises and evaluates the Clinical Manager, Intake / Marketing Nurse’ Hospice Coordinator, Volunteer Services and Bereavement Coordinator, Medical Records / Clinical Secretary, Team Assistant. Also supervises the peer review for clinical competency of therapy personnel.
- Continuous Quality Improvement, member of the CQI Committee; member of the Infection Control Committee.
- Directs the community health programs and clinics that are evaluated to be necessary and feasible.
- Monitors fiscal data and track trends including utilization of clinical programs.
- Writes an annual report for the board of directors, including departmental statistics, goals and plans.
The Director of Clinical Services will be a registered nurse licensed in the State of Connecticut, and have one of the following:
- A Master's degree in Nursing from a program approved by the National League for Nursing or the American Public Health Association with a minimum of one year (1) full-time clinical experience in a home health agency or related community health program which included care of the sick.
- A Master's degree in Public Health or Administration with a concentration of study in health services administration, and at least one (1) year of supervisory or administrative experience in a health care facility or program which included care of the sick.
- A Baccalaureate degree in Nursing (BSN) and a minimum of three (3) years of full-time clinical experience in nursing, at least one (1) year of which was in a home health agency or community health program which included care of the sick.
- Knowledge of state, federal and accreditation regulations and standards applicable to the functioning of an agency that provides care for people in their homes.
- Experience in hiring, supervision, evaluation and instruction of personnel, preferably in a home care setting.
- Interpersonal skills to work with patients and caregivers, the public and in a group/team environment.
- Accessibility, when on call, to supervise professional/clinical staff when on assignment in patient homes.
- Certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Large VNA experience, to further educate and grow a Community VNA
Prepared to take staff to the next level; ability to train and keep staff motivated
Ability to grow referrals (cradle to grave); increase census
Customer-service oriented; willing to do what it takes to get the job done
Flexible; willing to wear many hats
Enjoys all aspects of Homecare and Hospice
Ability to develop Disease Management programs; continuous innovation
Conscientious, hard-working; ability to park ego at the door
***ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO***