Director of Accounts Payable
135,000.00 to 145,000.00
Our client is an internationally recognized and highly regarded organization that is seeking a Director of Accounts Payable. This person will be responsible for overseeing the Accounts Payable process for the entire organization. In addition, this person will play a key role in launching the department forward through software implementation and streamlining processes with the goal of increasing client satisfaction. There is plenty of room for growth as the organization continues to create and establish their succession plan for the future. The pay is competitive and the benefits are outstanding!
- Be a leader in the Shared Services department and provide process improvement recommendations to create efficiencies and decrease turnaround time.
- Oversee the entire A/P and payment services department.
- Effectively manage the budget of the department.
- Effectively manage a large team of union and non-union employees and inspire the team to achieve the mission of the organization.
- Establish relationships and effectively communicate the goal of the department to clients.
- Establish internal controls to monitor and maintain vendor compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration and/or equivalent experience.
- CPA required.
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in a financial leadership role.
- In-depth knowledge of Accounts Payable processes and metrics.
- Strong leader with the ability to motivate and retain talent.
- Strong communication skills.