RN-Safety & Compliance -Administrative Office
RN COMPLIANCE & SAFETY NURSE SPECIALIST
- Works collaboratively on patient safety issues with the Risk Management and Legal Departments.
- Ensures achievement of departmental and system patient safety goals.
- Plans, coordinates and manages patient safety surveys, including results reporting and action plan development and implementation.
- Conducts root cause analyses, oversees development of corrective action plans, and follows through the implementation of the solution.
- Acts as the point of contact for ongoing, open cases and functions as the contact point for sensitive and confidential consultations with patients and family members.
- Participates in compliance with National Patient Safety Goals.
- Provides trend reports to departments, Administration and the Board of Directors routinely.
- Facilitates the development and revision of patient safety related policies and procedures.
- Develops and presents patient safety educational programs for teammates system-wide.
- Creates and educates plan for patient safety improvements to specific departments and department heads.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree required; BSN
- RN licensure in Connecticut
- Five (5) to seven (7) years' experience in healthcare or directly related field preferred.
- Certification in healthcare quality, patient safety or related accreditation entity preferred :Such as, CPPS, CPHQ, HCCA, ASHRM, or ASSPPS.
- At least 2 years patient safety and compliance experience, safety event reporting and risk management activities.
- Knowledge of Lean Concepts and Six Sigma preferred;
- Advanced computer skills with demonstration of skill and competencies in use of all Microsoft Office applications preferred and Electronic Medical Records (EMR), statistical analytics and report development skills.
- Advanced Business Communication skills preferred.
- Previous experience or knowledge of The Joint Commission, Cause Analysis, Process Improvement, Safety, preferred.
Related patient improvement and safety background in these core areas preferred but not limited to:
- Adverse Drug Events
- Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI)
- Central Line Associated Blood Stream Infections (CLABSI)
- Injuries from Falls and Immobility
- Obstetrical Adverse Events
- Pressure Ulcers
- Preventable Readmissions
- Surgical Site Infections
- Venous Thromboembolisms
- Ventilator Associated Event/Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
Send Confidential Resume to Krisha Morander, CPC, Sr. Executive Healthcare Recruiter- J Morrissey
Full Time-Salaried Position